Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

I decided to attend a function this afternoon, OK, a poker tournament - because that's just what you do when you're faced with prepping the house and troops for a 10+ hour road trip the next day.

After six and half hours of intense play, I decided to try out what I'll now dub the Dunderhead All-In. I'll spare you the details that normal poker players wouldn't, and let you know I finished 14th. 8 places paid out.

I was sad. I had to drive home in the dark. In the rain. And then as if the universe was trying to convey something, "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life" came on my iPod and I thought the words spoke to me - " Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it..." But then "Copacabana" came on, and I didn't really get a message from that.

Signing off - look forward to a South of the Border pit stop post. No drive to the south is complete without it.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment