Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Malarial Flu Strain

Some malarial flu strain has hit! OK, I'm making the malaria part up, but based on what my students in Kenya used to tell me about it, I'm guessing this is close. I go through bouts of fever and chills and spent the night adding fleece shirts, pants and socks - only to strip down 2 hours later. I also tend to suffer the same dream over and over when I'm sick so I at least had the foresight to switch from the book about misogyny (not really light reading and creepy to boot) to "Moon Called" (about werewolves) right before I passed out. It was a long bizarre night. I'd like to take you on the trip through werewolf-hallucination time but it's making less sense now. That's not to say that it was making sense before either.

I think Dave Barry summed up this particular strain the best in "Molecular Homicide."

"I spend a lot of time lying very still and thinking flu-related thoughts."

"Another symptom is that you cease brushing your teeth because (a) your teeth hurt and (b) you lack the strength."

"Air really is made up of tiny objects called "molecules." I know this because I can feel them banging against my body."

Off for more drugs.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment