Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Aggravating Aggravation...Grrr....


Wanna play a game with your 4 and 6 year old? Well don't FREAKIN' choose Aggravation!

It's name pretty much sums up what the next 30 minutes will be like for you - and I'm not really addressing the whole he-landed-on-my-marble-and-I have-to-go-back-to-start thing.

For those not in-the-know, you start with 4 marbles at your base. You must roll a 1 or a 6 to escape your little base hell and then try to get your marbles around the board and back home first. At the same time, other folks are trying to get around the board and if they land on your marble...well...sayonora dude, you're heading back to base.

BoyChild has problems grasping that you shouldn't waste an opportunity to get a marble out of base and into play. When I force him to do this he complains that the problem now is that he can't decide which marble to move. Apparently life was easier with one marble and limited decisions.

GirlChild has trouble counting the tiny marble holes. She recounts multiple times, with a new starting point pretty much every time. This is when I decide we only need to get two, rather than four marbles around the board and throw the extras into the box.

BoyChild cannot throw the die without it landing half-way across the room. BoyChild goes to get the die and hits the board with his foot causing all marbles to start rolling around on the board. That's when I replaced all marbles a little closer to the finish line.

And the best part - how I got out of finishing the game! BoyChild is pretty obsessive-compulsive and is currently filling in a check sheet for school about things you do every day to be healthy. The final check is: I took a bath. I ask if he's ready for a shower and you could just see the light pop from his head.....Oh boy! I'll be able to complete my whole checklist for Tuesday! Zoom Zoom Zoom.

Sayonora Aggravation.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment