Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Addiction

Pokemon has pretty much become a household phenomenon ever since BoyChild dragged it home from school in the fall. Come on....just try it once...you can't get addicted the first time. *snort* It starts innocently enough with a few packs of cards and escalates quickly into a living, breathing thing of its own.

BoyChild saved his money to buy a Nintendo DS so he could play Pokemon electronically. Babycakes (my hubby) played after BoyChild went to bed. Babycakes comes up to me and says, "I think I'm gonna need a DS for Christmas." GirlChild saves her money and buys her own too. Does any four person family need this many handheld gaming devices?

The cards continue to accrue.

Babycakes actually reads the instructions and figures how to play a legitimate game with the cards. I'm getting scared. Especially since I'm a competitive EBay addict and cards aplenty can be found there.

Do you understand the problem with having a competitive personality and bidding on EBay? In reality it means you'll pay more for your crap because the thought of 'illuminati153' winning a HOLO CHARIZARD NEAR MINT 120HP disturbs you. Within the last 15 seconds of an auction, I'm pretty sure my blood pressure spikes through the roof and the refresh button on my keyboard has a permanent impression of my fingerprint.

And so I've become this Pokemon Card Lurking EBayer which is having serious implications on my bank account. I'd like to shake the hand of the marketing genius for Pokemon who came up with the catchphrase : GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!

As a side note: please note our new playroom wall. You are viewing Mantine, Piplup and Darkrai. If these names mean something to you, I figure you are in the same boat as me. If these names mean nothing, count your blessings.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment