Thursday, January 31, 2008

Higher Plane

I found a nifty site that showcased even niftier crocheted hyperbolic planes. Of course I needed one of those. Gotta get me one of them. And so I spent the weekend teaching myself to crochet.

I did this by visiting the local Wal-Mart and picking up "I Taught Myself To Crochet". Apparently men who want to impress their girlfriends can teach themselves to crochet also. But note in the picture that the woman appears to be working on a long multi-colored scarf, whereas the poor sap they hired to model as a male crocheter looks like he's punching a hole in his finger with a knitting needle. The look on the woman's face is "Whaaaaaat? Just stop before you hurt yourself."


Anyhoo...after my first few attempts that resulted in asymetrical starfish and misshapen wads of yarn that at least GirlChild appreciates - I ended up with a very respectable hyerbolic plane where n=3.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment