Sunday, March 2, 2008

More Math-y Yarn Fun


My friend Kathy knitted the following to add to my collection of math-y yarn shapes. I've uncorkscrewed it on the right so you could see it laying flat.

Here is her description: "I knit that corkscrew thingy using something close to the pattern here: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5312377,00.html But I just realized that I didn't do it how she did. I knit the first and all odd rows, then on even rows I knit one, increased one till I got to the last stitch where I just knit. So I almost doubled the stitches on the even rows, but it wasn't quite double because of that last stitch."

You can see my attempt at crocheting here.

If you would like to attempt and donate one of these lovelies to me, just let me know so I can put together my own fantastic coral reef like this.




0 Comments :

Post a Comment