Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Redneckery

Babycakes and I made the leap from middle class to obscure Georgia county yesterday evening. I’ve already had to take the two front tires of my lawn tractor to the shop because the valve stems had rotted and were snapping off. A more clever person might have thought to inspect the back tires at that time too. I would not be that clever.

And so I discovered more tire flatness when I went out to mow yesterday and this is the very sad solution for having to remove the back tires for repair.


There’s nothing like scrambling around the garage for scraps so the beast doesn’t fall onto your foot. I think the artistic balance we've achieved with cinder blocks and old shelving puts Cirque du Soleil to shame. We can at least take comfort in the fact that this isn’t on our front lawn beside a La-Z-Boy and a bloodhound named General Lee. The worst part of all this is that the counter person at the shop is starting to recognize me. *sigh*

“Hey honey pie…weren’t you just here?”

“Yesssssss… (inward roar) … now could you just fix my tires… and give me one of those Slim Jims.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on Humor-Blogs for free RC Cola and a Moon Pie.

8 Comments :

Anonymous said...

At least you don't have a Satellite dish on your trailer -- do you?
*wink*

Anonymous said...

I have to report that I once found a possum in your garage, and although you claimed you weren't going to cook it, it looked pretty cozy hunkered down on that same shelf that you've now disassembled. So where's the possum now? 'Fess up--did you make stew? Fritters?

Unknown said...

Or bluetarp on top 'cause the 'ruff' is wore out? :)

Alice said...

Boon - our dish is on the pine by the salt lick.

N - I'm sad that I don't know if you're joking or not. Perhaps my possum/garage blog is next.

Kimberly - OK, now everyone is hitting too close to home since I have more than one shingle on my porch from high winds 2 weeks ago.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I saw your gift registry at Spittoon.com.

That shiny one y'all picked out with the face of Cooter from Dukes of Hazard on the front is a real beauty!

Alice said...

Elastic - soooo...are you getting it for me or what? I'd take the bronze bust of Flash too.

gadragonfly said...

The possum was actually in the recycling bin as I remember it. That sucker didn't want to leave. I can report he ran off & was not cooked for dinner.

Anonymous said...

The truly sad part is the Gadragonfly and Anonymous are talking about two different incidents involving possums, the recycling bin and the garage.

Post a Comment